Inshot is one of the most popular video editing apps on mobile devices. With its easy-to-use interface and powerful editing tools, Inshot makes it simple for anyone to create professional-looking videos right from their smartphone.
While Inshot is designed for mobile, many users wonder if it’s possible to use Inshot on their Windows or Mac computer. The answer is yes! With some simple steps, you can install and run Inshot on PC and take advantage of the bigger screen and mouse/trackpad for easier editing.
What is Inshot?
For those unfamiliar, Inshot is a free video editing app for iOS and Android devices. It provides users with a full suite of tools for trimming, cutting, merging, and editing video clips. Some of the key features of Inshot include:
- Trim, cut, and merge video clips with precision
- Add music and voiceovers
- Apply filters, stickers, text, and effects
- Change video speed and reverse clips
- Utilize chroma key (green screen) editing
- Export videos up to 4K resolution
Inshot makes video editing simple. With its drag-and-drop interface, anyone can trim unwanted parts of their clips, stitch together different shots, spice up their footage with music and visual effects, and export highly sharable videos with just a few taps.
Benefits of Using Inshot on PC
While Inshot works great on mobile, there are some advantages to using it on a Windows or Mac computer:
The most obvious benefit is the larger screen real estate you get with a desktop or laptop. This makes it easier to view your video project in finer detail and makes editing less cumbersome. On a tiny smartphone screen, it can be tricky to trim clips accurately or apply effects with precision.
Mouse & Trackpad
Using a mouse or trackpad also gives you much more control and accuracy while editing. Selecting, cutting, and moving clips around is easier with a cursor rather than tapping on a touchscreen. Things like trimming the start and end points of a clip can be done more precisely with a mouse.
Desktops and laptops have more processing power compared to mobile devices. This allows Inshot on PC to run more smoothly, especially when working with high-resolution or longer videos. There’s less chance of lag or unexpected crashes.
With Inshot on your computer, you can easily multitask and switch between the video editor, your file manager, web browser, and other apps. This makes organizing project assets and sharing videos much more efficient.
Most PCs have more storage capacity than phones or tablets. This allows you to store a greater number of video projects and files locally on your computer. You’re less limited by device storage when editing videos.
How to Get Inshot on PC
There are a couple of different methods you can use to install and run Inshot on your Windows or Mac computer.
Method 1: Download Inshot from the Official Website
Inshot’s developers have created a downloadable version of the app for PC on their website:
- Go to https://inshot.com/download-pc.html on your computer’s web browser. This is the official Inshot for PC download page.
- Click the “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” button depending on your operating system.
- The Inshot installer file will begin downloading. Once finished, open the file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen setup prompts to install Inshot on your computer. The process is quick and easy.
- When complete, you’ll find the Inshot icon on your Windows desktop or Mac Applications folder. Launch the app and start using it!
The desktop version of Inshot has the same editing features and interface as the mobile app. The official download is free and does not contain any ads or bloatware. It’s the simplest way to get Inshot on a PC.
Method 2: Install via Android Emulator
Alternatively, you can install Inshot on a Windows PC by using an Android emulator:
- Download and install an Android emulator program like Bluestacks. This will create a virtual Android environment on your computer.
- Open the emulator and go to the Google Play Store. Search for “Inshot” and install the Inshot app on the emulated device.
- Once installed, you’ll be able to launch Inshot via the emulator and use it just like on an Android phone.
- The emulator will mimic an Android device, allowing you to download, install, and run apps from Google Play.
Using an emulator is a bit more complex than downloading the desktop app but gives you more flexibility. You can install other Android apps in the emulator too.
For Mac Users: Use a Mobile Device Emulator
Mac users don’t have access to Android emulators. However, programs like iPadian can emulate an iPad on a Mac. You can then install Inshot from the iOS App Store in this emulated environment. It provides the same functionality as having the app natively on your Mac.
How to Use Inshot on PC
Once installed via the official website or an emulator, using Inshot on desktop is simple. The PC version has the exact same user interface and tools as the mobile app. If you’re already familiar with Inshot on your phone or tablet, it works much the same on a larger screen.
Here are some tips for using Inshot on your Windows or Mac computer:
- Import videos from your computer by dragging and dropping files into the media tray or clicking the “Import” button.
- Use the text tool to add titles, subtitles, captions, etc. Keyboard shortcuts make typing easier.
- Trim, cut, and delete clips using your mouse cursors. Precisely adjust start and end points of cuts.
- Use the “Split” option to divide a long clip into multiple smaller clips.
- Click and drag clips around the timeline to rearrange the structure of your video.
- Right-click clips for quick access to copy, paste, delete and other functions.
- Use keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl/Command + Z to speed up your workflow.
- Export edited videos at resolutions up to 4K for crisp, high-quality results.
Take advantage of the larger screen real estate whenever possible. For example, extending the timeline gives you a broader overview of the structure of your video project.
Inshot for PC – FAQs
Is Inshot safe to download on my computer?
Yes, installing Inshot from the official website or reputable app stores is completely safe. It does not contain any malware. As long as you avoid illegal download sites, both the mobile and desktop versions of Inshot are secure to use.
Does the PC version of Inshot have a watermark?
No, videos exported from the desktop Inshot app do not contain any watermarks or Inshot branding. You can export clean, watermark-free videos.
Can I edit videos shot on my phone using Inshot on PC?
Absolutely! If you transfer video files shot on your smartphone over to your computer, you can import them into Inshot on desktop for editing.
Is the desktop version of Inshot free?
Yes, Inshot for PC is completely free to download and use, just like the mobile app. There are no hidden fees or charges. All the core editing features are accessible without paying.
How much storage space does Inshot take up on my computer?
The Inshot app itself takes up less than 100MB. However, the video files you import and export will take up storage space on your PC based on their resolution and length. So the total space used depends on your projects.
Can I use Inshot on PC without an internet connection?
The desktop app itself does not require an active internet connection. However, any online services like importing media from the cloud or sharing to social media will need internet access.
Is there a way to transfer my Inshot mobile projects to my computer?
Currently, there is no way to directly transfer mobile projects over to the PC app. However, you can export the videos from mobile Inshot and then re-import them to your computer for further editing.
And that covers the basics of using Inshot on desktop! The app makes it easy for anyone to edit high-quality videos on a Windows or Mac computer. So download it today and start creating awesome videos on a bigger screen.